Saturday, February 28, 2015

Florida Dreaming


With two very active kids, this winter has taken its toll on me. I am so over it!!! Our mini vacay to Florida last week was a welcome and rejuvenating retreat, but now all I'm doing is daydreaming about moving there. In fact, I have my whole home already designed for said move.


This was the cover to our hotel guest book and instantly I knew where I had seen it over 9 years ago. Yes, I can remember crazy ass design elements from homes, museums, hotels, etc., but ask me a simple question and I'm brain dead. In fact, my son Charlie helps me on a day to day basis. He remembered our room number, our flight number, and the airport we were flying to. Can you believe he had to step in for me, when the person checking us in asked me where we were going!?! Uh...I don't know. It's like I'm his mentally disabled daughter. He's always shocked at how forgetful I am...I can't help that my head is in the clouds. Okay, okay...I digress. 


The Bonnet House in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is where the image was taken from. We went there for a wedding 9 or was it 10 years ago. It was amazing and has imprinted its artistic charm into my memory.


HELLO YELLOW!!


A visual wonderland in every nook and cranny (do people still use that expression or am I a dork?).



That door!


Every ceiling had a fresco or bright bold color...LOVE!



In my design world, every bookshelf should be painted. 


And can I have one of these when I grow up? I'd fill it with birds and butterflies...fa, la, la, la. These were just a few images of The Bonnet House I sourced from Pinterest. They are my inspiration for a daydream beach home in Florida. 

And the point of my story...enjoy the clouds! 

~ Danielle 

ps...thanks Steve and Marisa for having us. Your wedding was gorgeous! 
pss...here's a link to my beach house board on Pinterest where you'll find every image source:
https://www.pinterest.com/freshquince/beach-house/

4 comments:

  1. Hello, and welcome to our website for the best hand raised
    hand raised macaw parrots for sale. We pride ourselves in the best taming practices of macaws among aviaries. All of ourmacaws for sale are bred in a disease-free Biosecure breeding sanctuary. They are well socialized, having been raised in our home as members of our own family in order for them to become ready to be a member of yours, we have green wing macaw,severe macaw for sale,scarlet macaw for sale,blue and yellow macaw for sale among others. They are quite comfortable around all ages, including the elderly and young children. When you purchase a bird from Us, we are committed to offering lifetime support and guidance to you and your family.You can read more and view our available birds.You can
    READ MORE and view our avilable birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. homescapes cheats homescapes cheats .
    Click here for homescapes cheats

    ReplyDelete


  3. Free Fire Hack
    Free Fire Hack
    https://sites.google.com/view/update-nowgarena-free-fire-

    ReplyDelete