Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Craigslist Safety

These tips may be intuitive, but I feel the need to share safety tips now that I recommend weekly craigslist finds.

  • If the item is small insist on meeting at a public place like a cafe
  • Do not meet in a secluded place or invite strangers into your home
  • Be especially careful when buying/selling expensive items
  • Tell a friend or family member where you're going or better yet bring someone with you
  • If you have a cell phone carry it with you
  • Trust your instincts, if something doesn't feel right then leave immediately
(Tips source: Craigslist)

Please be aware of your surroundings at all times. I always bring a friend or my husband with me for safety, but also to help me decide whether to get something and for the extra help to load it into my super cool mini-van (no need to be jealous). It's always nice to have a second party opinion!

I bought this sofa for $150 from Craigslist last year and brought my husband to pick it up...

I love it!!! My wonderful friend got me the flowers as a thank you for taking care of her adorable daughter most of the summer...I love that girl and her mom!!!

Be Safe,
Danielle

2 comments: