Thanks Danika of Gorgeous Shiny Things in nominating Fresh Quince for the Stylish Blogger Award. I am honored as she is not only extremely creative and stylish, but also very informative. Thanks again Danika!
As part of the award I now will share 7 things you may not know about me:
1. I was born in Turkey in an old somewhat dilapidated hospital.
2. I have a massive birthmark on my back, which gets most Doctors knickers in a twist. But I love it because it looks like a map. As a child I used to pretend it was a real map of a faraway land that someday I may discover...hasn't happened.
3. I also have a birthmark on my forehead in the shape of the letter V, but it only appears when I am upset...nice huh?
4. I went back to Turkey when I was eight for a visit with former neighbours. And whilst I was there I lost my tooth. An older Turkish lady told me to throw it in the Bosphorus, wait 'till I am 18 and then come back to collect my tooth which will have transformed into a pearl. Haven't been back yet.
5. I tend to cry when children are sad. I had to avoid a kid at my son's school for a long time because he would cry every morning before school, which would always make me tear up.
6. I love cloudy warm days. The sun can give me a headache.
7. I suffer from migraines occasionally. Do any of you suffer from them? If so, how do you handle it? I really would love your input.
Well on that bright happy note, I now would like to pass the award to...
Kimberly at The Green Room aka Chattafabulous. I love all of her vintage finds.
Danielle at Danielle Oakey Interiors. She has a serious gift for design.
Irene at Design Stiles. Great style and she's hysterical too.
Shannon at Hase Haus. Her and her husband just bought a home. They are masters at turning shabby into chic and I can't wait to see how they transform their new new home.
Tina at Komma Hem. She has fabulous inspirational ideas and always lovely images.
Ashley at Meet Me in Philadelphia. She has great style and it is a delight watching her design her home. She is so sweet as well.
Cassie at Primitive and Proper. She is the Queen of refinishing dressers and has so much energy it never ceases to amaze me. My one dresser painted equals 10 of hers.
Nancy at Cozamia. Check out her fabulous blog and her incredible prints...I won one last week and I can't wait to show you all.
Hope you all had great weekend! xx Danielle