1. REFURBISHING VINTAGE FURNITURE...paint and/or upholstery will do magic for those one of a kind vintage pieces!
All of these images are from Chairloom, a fabulous company that re-upholsters antiques.
2. TRES CHIC ENVIRONMENTALLY MINDED DESIGN COMPANIES...the idea that to be 'green' it has to be bamboo and boring will no longer fly in 2011, as evidenced below in these images from fresh and stylish eco-minded companies.
Jane Gray for Stray Dog Designs Lamp
There are a plethora of eco-friendly design companies with a wide range of prices.
3. PLANTS INDOORS...every space needs something living and plants are always fresh and decorative.
Not only do plants help clean indoor air, but they also look lovely...why buy stuff, when plants are easy and green.
4. WALL COVERINGS...whether you stencil or get VOC/PVC-free wallpaper, having a wall covered will be so 2011 and not 2000 and late ;).
5. ON-LINE CONSIGNMENT BOUTIQUES...why buy new, when there are so many new on-line consignment shops that offer gently-used items at a huge discount???
Trina Turk Red and Ivory Velvet Coat from I-ELLA on-line consignment boutique.
Bottega Veneta dress via DecadesTwo online consignment
Fresh Quince believes that in 2011 there will be an increase in eco-minded style...Glamour and Green will rule supreme!! To see other blogs and their 2011 forecasts go to Design Refuge here!!!