Monday, November 15, 2010

David Glick Photography

A super hilarious and brutally honest friend of mine invited me to a private showing of a local artists photography this past weekend. We pulled up to this lovely modern home in the woods and as we entered, were quickly enveloped in gorgeous photos. The artist is David Glick and his wife Heather, the lovely and energetic host. They were both a delight and totally humble given the amount of talent under that roof. I must admit that I am very skeptical of photography...anyone can buy a nice camera and take a pretty decent photo, but if it doesn't have a soul it's wasted on me. His work has a soul and is incredibly powerful, as evidenced below...












I was honored and so happy to be invited! To see more images and get pricing go here. Please let me know if you are interested in any of these magnificent photos by Dave Glick or if you contact him directly let him know where you found out about him.

And on a side note, I have to introduce you to his gregarious cockatoo...

Lemon!


It was love at first site for me and I think she was pretty smitten as well. Heather and David please don't break my heart by telling me that she is that way with everyone! If I didn't have 4 (yes I have a problem and will turn into a crazy cat lady some day) cats, I would go out and get a cockatoo this week! 

6 comments:

  1. Breathtaking photos. Checked out his website and saw so many stunning landscapes--north to south, he has captured the beauty and essence of this land. As for the cockatoo, recall you have been smitten by many others(am referring to cats, dogs, squirrels, etc). Guess you've already forgotten those adorable parrots you wanted to bring home from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful... glad you had such a great time!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photography...it's as if you are living in the image! As for the bird, he's cute, but I like mine glossy and ceramic or printed and behind a sheet of glass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photography is amazing. The colors and sharp detail are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments :)!

    A and A...too funny, thanks for making me laugh! xx Danielle

    ReplyDelete