Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Epic Fail

Help! I've made a pretty huge design fail in my kids bath...

                 

See? The shower walls look like they have serious mold issues. Sadly my vision somehow became lost in translation. 

My inspiration...

                              


I love the bold window pane fabric reminiscent of the 80's, but it just didn't work in the bathroom sadly. Maybe if the grout line was thicker it would have worked, but as is it's a hot mess. 

Tune in next week (or whenever I have the free time, which feels like never) to find out my solution to fix it. 

~ Danielle 


2 comments:

  1. Awww, sorry! Glad we're not the only ones disappointed with things not coming out exactly as expected. But I don't think it looks too bad. Plus, we learn the most from our failures, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A suggestion. Paint the walls black, seriously yes. Both pictures the pattern is accentuated by black then made to "pop" for want of a better word with a strong colour. Black walls are very current, but I think it is a trend to stray. Then hang a lovely washed denim blue shower curtain (picture 2) with a white border trim same height at the bath. Huge Mirror on the wall to throw light back in. Have a look at black walls on Pinterest for further evidence. Very chic kiddies bathroom.

    Lisa, London

    ReplyDelete