Monday, July 22, 2013

A Girls Kitchen

Remember my condo with the hideous bathroom? Well the kitchen was just as horrid and in need of a serious makeover too. We are currently in the process of redoing it...can't wait to share the before and after. It wasn't at all workable with bisque appliance, same dirty bisque Formica counters and cabinets that were falling apart. 

For now I just have been dreaming, I mean thinking ;), if I were young and single again, I'd go super funky on the renovation. Below are a few images I'd use as my starting point...

A bold full on blue floor to ceiling would definitely be unexpected and super fun...

Yes wallpaper again to save the day and why not a navy and white zebra print...

Maybe just a wild floor would suffice...

A cutesy and bold fabric wall covered in glass behind open shelving would be sweet...

Or maybe go all out rainbow bright...

A hot pink counter sans the Campbell's soup can light fixtures would be hot...

Would have to find some kickass vintage chandy to throw in the mix...

This would be so simple and darling to replicate...

But the winner is...

I adore the above kitchen. Bright red lacquered cabinets, a bold pink floral wallpaper, sleek white recycled counters, and no upper cabinets...PERFECTION! The only things I would do differently are surround the kitchen in the floral wallpaper, add a unique chandelier, switch out hardware to brass and do bright white appliances. 

Truthfully I have no desire to be young and single again, it never suited me well and besides that I love my husband and kids so incredibly much, but I'd love to design for a woman with no fear. Why not do something different and design on the edge!?! 

~Danielle 
*all images above were sourced from Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Love all these great ideas! Numbers 2, 7 and 8 and also the last are my favorites. But on the last one, I'd do a different wallpaper. Not sure what, though, but I'm not crazy about that specific one.

    ReplyDelete