Wednesday, April 11, 2012

*sort of* Before & After: My Desk

Last Spring I had a huge list of items ready to be painted as soon as the weather cleared up, but by the time it did I had found out I was pregnant. And since I had been waiting ever so patiently for the LAST 10 years to get pregnant, I wasn't going to take any chances on paint fumes. So I resorted to having a good friend help me out (and of course I paid him). But since I was in my first trimester my brain and body just weren't feeling it, therefore I didn't take one single stinkin' before photo hence the title *sort of* Before & After.

Here is the first $20 CL purchase I had painted...


A close-up of the hardware...


I also messed up on the color, which I blame on pregnancy eyes. I was going for a rich red with a touch of orange, but as you can see it's orange with a touch of red. Oh well I'm still totally thrilled with the results.

And here is the *sort of* before (it was a similar color, but even worse)...


The desk is in my son's room and normally loaded with all of his stuff, but he loves all of the storage. 


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color and love the hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle I love the results of your desk redo!!
    Great hardware!

    I hope you will come see my new Annie Sloan Projects revealed!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT'S a transformation...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shade and hardware! Do you mind sharing the paint color? I've been wanting to paint my dresser orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous Danielle and I know your son will cherish it!! Post some more pics of your new little one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color and the hardward is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the color turned out great, even if unintentional! Great hardware too.

    ReplyDelete