Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Recent Find: Bentwood Chairs

I've had an obsession with bentwood chairs for like ever and about 5 years ago I scored a black bentwood chair at a local consignment store for dirt cheap (see way below). They always look so effortlessly chic to me...



?




Img_1167_rect540

Img_1167_rect540

?

Domino

Domino



Now that I've got that out of my system, here's the simple bentwwod chair I bought years ago...


And here are 2 chairs that my parents found by the side of the road on trash day and which my generous sister-in-law let me have because they were originally given to her (thanks Heidi!)...


And here's what I scored on Craigslist for $50 last week...


No I currently don't have room for them and yes I have a wee bit of an obsession with chairs...I have 30 in my tiny cape-cod. My plan is to paint them all in the same color for my dream kitchen nook...a girl can dream right!?

11 comments:

  1. i am not even kidding i came really close to getting those chairs!!! i needed them for the ends of my dining table and LOVED them but was afraid teh arms would hit the bottom of my table top so i didn't! :) i can't wait to see you work your magic! i love bentwood, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny Cassie...I was thrilled when I saw them a few weeks ago, because I almost got them back in early Jan, but the day I planned on getting them was the day I had Max and the dude selling them called me the day I had him, to which I told him I couldn't pick up the chairs that day. So when I finally had the chance months later I was so happy they were still available. So thanks Cassie for not jumping on them and we'll see what color they end up.

      Delete
  2. Lovely chairs - They are lucky to have you make them over (though I love them in black, already!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I was forced to sale my chairs off because there was no more room for them!

    Still great score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you work your magic...love a bentwood chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! I too am obsessed with chairs. Great score!

    I spy a faux bamboo mirror in the background. Is that yours? I have an exact same one that I scored on craigslist.

    P.S. I awarded you the Liebster blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog through Charmaine and I am obsessed with those chairs. It never ceases to amaze me what people put out on trash day. If you have a moment, check out my blog http://theinsanedomain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly....what finds!! that is gonna be gorgeous...what color would you paint them??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great & lovely chairs. I am also a big fan of these chairs, their design can with stand times and goes well with any style.

    ReplyDelete