Friday, October 1, 2010

Aloha!!

I just got back from Hawaii the other day and I am still pretty tired, but I wanted to do a post about souvenir/gift presentation.

I have 4 cats and a dog and need help with them when I am away, so I always like to bring back something special to my generous friends who help me out. But, I have a problem with waste, so I try to buy a local food, usually chocolate...who doesn't like chocolate??? I also don't like to buy wasteful gift wrap or gift bags, so I thought I would show you all what I do to make the presentation sweet, inexpensive and green...

I start out with a paper bag from anywhere and used tissue paper that I always have on hand (I don't throw away anything, much to the dismay of my husband)..

Then I proceed to spruce it up. I save all of the pamphlets, even the ones from the hotel, from my vacation and use them to decorate.


I just had to get a picture of my cat in there (isn't she cute? she's the sweetest cat in the world). The bird of paradise flower image is from the hotel's welcome package. I couldn't throw it away, so I brought it back and found a fun use for it. Here's a close up...



I also like to use maps. Here is what I did for my son's teacher...


It's a map of Oahu, another pamphlet from the hotel welcome package. On top is a seashell necklace we got at a Luau...I thought it made a nice festive bow.

And here was my presentation when everyone came over...


I think it looks pretty sweet and thoughtful. It didn't cost me much and had meaning, so remember to keep all of the silly pamphlets on your trips and RE-USE!!!!

And this is why we went...


Cheers,
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment